My temporary human mom is still trying to get my paperwork in order. She was puzzled because my previous owners could not find my microchip! Where had it gone? Human Mom has known me all my life and she knew I had one. So, off we went to the vet. The scanner could not find it. The nice vet then took a quick x-ray and it was found on the right side of my neck!
So why didn't the scanner find it? Apparently the metal in the collar or tags was blocking the signal. When the collar is removed, the scanner finds it right away! Mystery solved.
I behaved well at the vet's. I was nervous but cooperative. In the main room, a pack of kids walked in and I was fed many treats. I showed off all my tricks: I sat, waved (with either paw), I jumped up and lay down. My tail did not quite wag, because I was at the vet's - not any dog's favorite place, but I loved all the attention! But Human Mom was proud and said I have my father's sweet disposition. She owns my father, you know, and my grandmother, too.
Like my dad, I greet people by going up to them, turning and leaning! BTW, I weigh about 52 lbs. That's all for now. I went on a nice car ride today. Human Mom has cozy crates for every dog and I snooze away as she drives to various places.
I have just had a nice run in the yard. It is time for dinner and then we all sleep in front of the TV. Honestly, I am not sure Human Mom ever sees a thing - she is usually asleep, too! I will post more in a few days!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment